Beading / Jewelry
Crocheted Gold Lace Earrings
By using gold metallic thread, you can create a unique and stylish accessory that is so lightweight, you might just forget you're wearing them!
- DMC Gold Metallic Thread, one spool
- Gold jewelry findings, two each: hoops, 25mm; jump rings, 3.5mm; fishhook ear wires; eye pins, 3/4”
- Turquoise/pale blue beads, 6mm, four
- Needle-nose pliers
- Steel crochet hook, US 9 (1.25mm)
- Super Glue
dc: double crochet
sc: single crochet
sl st: slip stitch
- 1. Size is 2".
- 1. Leave 2" tail and form slip knot on gold hoop. * 27 sc around hoop and beg tail. Join sc in beg sc, * 3dc in nxt st, sc in 2 sts * 8 times, 3 dc in nxt st, sc in last st, join with sl st in 1st sc, ch 6 and join with sl st in same st.
- 2. Tie off, leaving 2" tail. Use sewing needle to wind tail into base sts leaving approx. 1/2" on end. Cut floss; spot glue on tied knot.
- 3. Thread two beads on eye pin; use needle-nose pliers to form loop on end of eye pin. Place eye pin loop around hoop under chain loop; close eye pin loop with pliers so beaded eye pin hangs in center of hoop.
- 4. Use pliers to attach jump ring to top of chain loop. Attach fishhook to jump ring; close jump ring.
- 5. Repeat process for second earring.