Beading / Jewelry
Believe Necklace & Earrings
sizes: necklace, 18"; earrings, 1-1/2"
- K&S Engineering Aluminum Sheet, 20-gauge
- Polyform Sculpey Pearl Premo! Accents
- Robin’s egg blue enameled filigree beads, two
- Beadalon: Elongated Link Chain, 12” length; toggle clasp; headpins, three; eye pins, six; jump rings, three; ear wires, two
- Connie Crystal Crystal AB Round Beads, 10mm, three
- Tin snips
- Cross peen hammer
- Ball peen hammer
- Bastard file
- Drill or flex shaft with 1/8” bit
- Beadalon: Flush Cutters, Round-Nose Pliers, Chain-Nose Pliers
- Polyform Sculpey: Clay Conditioning Machine, Super Slicer, Alphabet Stamper
- Circle cutter, 1/2”
- DecoArt Americana Slate Grey Acrylic Paint
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Wet/dry sandpaper, 400 grit
- paper towels, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. For pendant, use tin snips to cut aluminum sheet to 1-1/4"x2-1/4". Trim bottom corners to round slightly. Trim top to semi-circle shape. Use bastard file to soften sharp edges to avoid injury in following steps.
- 2. Use cross peen hammer to texture top of pendant shape. Hammer in one direction first; turn and hammer creating cross hatch pattern. Use ball peen hammer to texture center of pendant shape. Use cross peen hammer to texture bottom of pendant shape, hammering only in one direction. Use bastard file to soften any sharp edges created due to hammering.
- 3. Use drill to drill hole in top of pendant shape.
- 4. On clean work surface, use clay conditioning machine to condition half block of Pearl clay. Roll clay through machine on thickest setting once fully conditioned. Use Alphabet Stamper to stamp "BELIEVE" onto clay. Use Super Slicer to cut pennant shape with notched end. Set on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 5. Use circle cutter to cut four circles from clay. Roll circles into balls. Set balls on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake clay pieces in oven. Let cool.
- 6. On covered work surface, apply small amount Slate Grey paint on surface of pendant. Wipe off excess paint with paper towel, leaving paint in stamped letters. Let dry.
- 7. Use Super Slicer to cut small pieces off each round bead to create faceted bead. Place small amount of paint in palm of your hand; roll beads in palm to cover in paint. Let dry. Use sandpaper and a few drops of water to gently sand surface of paint creating weathered look.
- 8. Drill holes in all four beads, pennant, and pendant.
- 9. Use pliers to open links on chain to create three lengths of chain measuring 2", 5", and 5". Thread crystal beads onto each headpin. Use chain-nose pliers, round-nose pliers, and flush cutters to create simple loop at top of each headpin creating crystal bauble.
- 10. Use pliers to open one jump ring. Thread one crystal bauble, pennant, and pendant onto jump ring. Place jump ring through center of 2" chain length; close jump ring.
- 11. Thread each clay bead and each enameled filigree bead onto eye pin. Use chain-nose pliers, round-nose pliers, and flush cutters to create simple loop at top of each eye pin creating links. Use pliers to open end of one clay bead link; link to end of 2" chain piece and close loop.
- 12. Use pliers to open end of enameled filigree bead link; link to clay bead link. Open other end of link and attach to one 5" chain length. Repeat Steps 11 and 12 on other side of pendant.
- 13. Use jump rings to attach toggle clasp on ends of chains to finish.
- 1. Use pliers to open end of one clay bead link; link to crystal bauble and close loop.
- 2. Use pliers to open loop on end of ear wire; link to clay bead link and close loop.
- 3. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 for other earring.
- 1. To order handcrafted enameled filigree beads, visit www.luulla.com/store/PinkLemonade.